… to complete a God-sized dream!
- It takes commitment to be a part of a team.
- It takes time to build a team.
- It takes a team to build a dream.
- No one ever accomplishes anything of significance alone.
- TEAM – Together Everyone Achieves More!
- Is God calling you to be a part of a team?
- Are you answering His call to follow Him?
- Have you surrendered your whole heart and all that you are to be a part of God’s team in the earth?
- Are you using your God-given gifts, talents, and resources for the purpose of seeing His kingdom advance (His kingdom come and His will be done in the earth…) for His glory and to influence the 7 streams of influence*:
- Church/Religious Community
- Arts & Entertainment
(6 of the above are predominately under the influence of the god of this world – 2 Corinthians 4:4)
EVERYONE WANTS TO JOIN THE BIG, SUCCESSFUL GROUP, COMPANY, ORGANIZATION, CHURCH, BUSINESS, MINISTRY, etc., but nothing ever begins big!
Everything begins with an idea, a thought, a vision, or as a dream. It takes vision, leadership, pioneers, team support, the right team members, resources, overcoming obstacles, perseverance, and a willingness to sacrifice for a common cause to see any dream or vision come to pass.
We are told in Zechariah 4:10, “do not despise the day of small beginnings.” God delights to see us step out in the vision, work, calling, project He has called us to either begin, or join with as a part of a team. Further, in Habakkuk 2:2-3, we are told to write out the vision and make it plain, so that the team can run towards the completion of the dream, vision, or focused goal – a little paraphrasing to relate it to these team thoughts.
Any calling requires sacrifices … of time, talents and resources.
Every gift God has given you, He desires to be expressed through you for His purpose and His glory. Isaiah 43:7
Notes below taken from John Maxwell’s book, “The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork”:
- Focus on the team, not the dream.
- When you see the big picture correctly, you serve the team more quickly.
- What goal in your life is bigger than you are?
- Are you currently participating in something greater than yourself? If not, set aside some time to spend alone reflecting on your goals and priorities. If you are trying to accomplish something big, then ask yourself what you are willing to do to accomplish it. (Example of President Carter who at the early stages of Habitat for Humanity was willing to actively go and volunteer working a week with a building crew, sleeping on the church floor, and continued to do so weekly among other areas where he served Habitat, such as making media contacts, helping to raise money, doing a 30 minute video, etc.)
- THE WRONG PERSON IN THE WRONG PLACE = REGRESSION
- THE WRONG PERSON IN THE RIGHT PLACE = FRUSTRATION
- THE RIGHT PERSON IN THE WRONG PLACE = CONFUSION
- THE RIGHT PERSON IN THE RIGHT PLACE = PROGRESSION
- THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT PLACES = MULTIPLICATION
- When you discover your place, you will say, “There’s no place like this place anywhere near this place, so this must be the place!”
*Check out Pastor Chris Hodges’ The Stewardship of Influence series, “Change Your World” online at www.churchofthehighlands.com