My pain has pressed me to pray, praise, and pen – not necessarily in that order. #pressintoGod #pray #praise and #pen #journal #release
We are all familiar with the common phrase, “No pain, no gain.” Here’s another thought:
Know pain and know the gain that comes from allowing your pain to cause you to gain more of what God desires to do in and through you.
PAIN has caused me to PRAY – cry out is more like it!, PRESS into God’s Word and His PRESENCE (especially when I didn’t feel like it – a true sacrifice of praise!), and has created more PASSION for PURSUING God’s PURPOSES in my life.
- study the Word
- water plants
- feed my dog
- clean my house (least likely to occur – made beds about as good as it gets)
- create a grocery/store list
- go to the store
- mail a card of encouragement to a friend or family member
- prepare or at least buy some healthy takeout for lunch, dinner or both
- Complete a Compel Training session online (personal growth & improvement to hopefully get better)
- write (you know that thing you keep feeling like God keeps leading you to do or so you thought?)
- write a blog post or maybe save time and just create a video – it would be funnier
- post on Instagram & Twitter
- contemplate and discuss with my hubby regarding the small groups and ministry teams we may lead, co-lead or be involved with in the fall
- choreograph and prepare for at least 1 or 2 of the 4 dance classes I am teaching
- help my college daughter move, unpack and decorate her new living location
- answer emails
- clear out the thousands of emails that need deleting from my inboxes
- do laundry
- make vacation plans or plans in general for remainder of 2016
- schedule doctor’s appointments and checkups
- reschedule doctor’s appointments
- text or talk with several friends and family members
- finally print all of my thousands of photos from my iPhone!
- take a walk with my husband
- spend quality time with my husband
- read a chapter or 2 from a good book or 2 before I go to bed
- not be distracted by too much time spent on Instagram, twitter & Facebook
- Oh yes, and have plenty of time to BE STILL in the presence of the Lord!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.”
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest (renewal, blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.”