What was the last thing you said to one of your loved ones? Are you okay if that is the last thing they ever hear you speak? We aren’t guaranteed tomorrow. Speak life today beloved one.
“You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation.” (Words of Jesus, Matthew 12:34-37 The Message)
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Create in me a clean heart O God, and renew a loyal spirit within me. Amen.
(Psalm 19:14; Psalm 51:10)
It is always good to pray The Word of God over your heart and life.
It is always good to pray before you speak too. Pray, pray, pray, wait, wait, wait…then speak life. Life giving words can be words of correction too, spoken in love from a heart that desires only the best for the person they are spoken to.
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” (Words of Jesus, John 6:63)
The truly godly and spiritual are called to a ministry of restoration. So, how “spiritual” are you?
#youwhoarespiritual #restore #withgentleness #Galatians6 #ministry #reconciliation #restoration #imitateChrist #loveinaction
How are you doing spiritual one in your ministry of restoration? How is your spirit of gentleness?
Accusers bring condemnation. Advocates bring liberation.
Don’t be an accuser; be an advocate. Imitate Christ Jesus.
Silence the voice of the accuser. Listen to the voice of your advocate, Jesus, the lover of your soul.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1
The more you seek your own way, the more you become a slave to sin and to yourself.
The more you seek after God, the more you become a servant of His ways. (see John 8:34)
For so many of us, we would be so much better off if only our eyes and our faces did the speaking and our tongues remained both tied and tamed.
#tameyourtongue #letyoureyesspeak #somuchbetterthanwordsthatkill #scarlettoharalessons #gonewiththewind #speaklife or #holdyourtongue
Too few of us would dare to profess we have completely mastered the art of speech that always and only continually edifies, encourages, or brings correction in a gentle and loving manner. This should be the goal and desire of all of us to speak the truth in love, or let our words be few, rather than our tongues being a spout to spew ugliness all over others.
…If you could find someone whose speech was perfectly true, you’d have a perfect person, in perfect control of life…The Message – James 3:2
Here are the thoughts that burst into my brain upon viewing this pic of the tenacious character of “Scarlett O’Hara”:
- Better to let your eyes do the cutting rather than your words.
- Your eyes may give subtle clues that the thoughts churning within your head are desperate to deliver a message, but your tongue clearly reveals the state of your mind and your heart. Out of the heart, the mouth speaks (Jesus, Matthew 12:34).*
- Here’s how the progression works:
- you see it,
- you think and dwell on it,
- it becomes embedded within your heart,
- & then you speak it out of your mouth.
- Later, your talk becomes your walk – your daily lifestyle.
- Your life becomes a reflection of all your eyes, mind, and heart continually focus on.
- Therefore, guard your eye gate.
- I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar …(Psalm 101:3)
- Focus your mind on what is good, true, pure and lovely.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. (Philippians 4:8)
- Guard your heart, for out of it flow all the issues you are presently dealing with in your life.
- Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23)
- SPEAK the truth in love and SAY only that which is helpful and/or builds others up, or…
- Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. (Ephesians 4:15)
- Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. (Ephesians 4:29)
- …REMAIN SILENT and FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE! –
- Understand this my brothers and sisters: you must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19
- Like the old saying, “If you can’t say something good, then don’t say anything at all!” “Good” in this sense can include correction, but spoken with respect and kindness for whomever is on the receiving end.